When I leave the office, one of my favorite things is having a clean house to come home to. To enable this amazingness, I always try to straighten up a bit before heading into Dali HQ. I’ve compiled a list of 5 easy steps to keeping your house clean, and you can do before starting the rest of your day. It’ll just make the afternoon and evening that much more enjoyable!
1. Wash the dishes that are left in the sink from the night before (or stick them in the dishwasher, rinsed and ready to go! Put away the clean dishes, too!)
2. Pick up any stray laundry and consolidate it in laundry bins. If there are clothes in the dryer, fold them! If there are clothes in the washer, toss them in the dryer. Get a new load started.
3. Put away any shoes left laying around. We’ll just trip over them later anyway!
4. Do a quick walk through and collect any random dishes, cups and garbage left laying around. This includes wrappers, napkins, water bottles, pieces of plastic that seal containers, bread ties, etc!
5. If your home is anything like our household, there is always random clutter and stuff laying around on flat surfaces. Toss the junk mail, papers and catalogs (I never read them anyway!), put the bread away, organize the produce, neatly line up any canisters that have been disrupted.
Just those few steps make a huge difference when it comes to keeping your house more organized, and you won’t feel so overwhelmed when you get home, because half the dirty work will already be done!