I love flowers, I’m guilty. I LOVE FLOWERS. I want them everywhere, all the time! Fortunately, I have pretty decent willpower too, but yeah. Looking around for images to complement this post will probably cost me $20-30 tonight at the store..
So.. You know how when you clean your house, and it looks amazing, and there’s all that bare counter space just screaming for something else? A nice centerpiece, a bowl of fruit that nobody will eat, some new junk mail.. Yeah. I prefer to put flowers there! It’s the perfect addition, in my opinion, to a clean house! Especially when it’s a gorgeous day in the high 60s where all the doors and windows are open, your favorite music is playing, and nobody else is around to bother you. Perfect, I tell you!
Here are my suggestions and tips on creating and displaying your floral arrangement.
1. Keep it simple. Just pick out one or a few different types of flowers to bunch together! As a female, I tend to overthink things and I often have to remind myself to just keep it simple. Flowers will be pretty, no matter what!
2. Use ordinary containers or jars to display your flowers! No need for crazy, over the top vases, just use a tin bucket, a mason jar or even a big wine glass. You can also tie your flowers together with a ribbon or some twine for a little delicate detail. This is especially nice if you don’t have any filler flowers to stick in there (like baby’s breath or fern pieces.)
3. Flowers don’t need to be expensive! If you have wildflowers nearby (we don’t recommend trespassing just to pick flowers!) simply pick a nice bunch, trim the stems, and place them in water.
4. Place your flowers in a well-lit area and in a place where you spend lots of time for everyone to enjoy! I know when I have flowers in my home, I smile every time I walk past them.
5. Trim the stems at an angle before putting them in water. It helps to keep them absorb their water better, as well as stay fresher longer!